An Information Technology bit on wireless technology

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 14:23:47 BST 2005

In a message dated 10/27/2005 7:57:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jedpeterson at gmail.com writes:

In the  US, another key bit of technology, critical in the incipient stage,
is the  GETS program. In short it allows 'key personnel' to bypass the  "all
circuits are busy" message from overloaded phone circuits. It is  a
government program, and thus not heavily marketed.

It requires  approval and registration, so best to look into it now or
*before* you need  it. Point your tech people  to
www.gets.ncs.gov<http://www.gets.ncs.gov>

There is a  version for wireless phones. I have no vested interest in the
program, I  just happen to know about it because my late uncle was working on
it for  several years. I know that they had excellent "successful connection"
rates  during 9/11.

Regards,

Jed Peterson RN CPR  etc.

good point. I believe that we've had a link to that one before.]

ck