ortho trauma transfer

Hall, John R John_R_Hall at Wellmont.org
Wed Oct 26 02:12:01 BST 2005

This problem is widespread.  The ortho pods do not want to take more trauma patients despite being paid to be on call in most places.

________________________________

From: trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org on behalf of docrickfry at aol.com
Sent: Tue 10/25/2005 9:48 AM
To: trauma-list at trauma.org
Subject: Re: trauma transfer

No you are not wrong--this patient in fact is mandated by Florida statute to go to a trauma center--you should report this incident to the state EMS office in Tallahassee.  I would appreciate it if you could contact me off line to provide the details of this incident?  One problem here is that you were speaking directly to the Orthopedic surgeons instead of the Trauma service at a trauma center, if I interpret you correctly...why was that?
ERF