Colloid infusion in the trauma patient

Moore Rick Rick.Moore at TriadHospitals.com
Mon Oct 24 14:10:36 BST 2005

I agree with Pret (did I really say that?) EMT-B classes are entry level
and teaching things that they can't use is just time consuming and
confusing.
REM

-----Original Message-----
From: trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org
[mailto:trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org] On Behalf Of Bjorn, Pret
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 8:04 AM
To: 'Trauma & Critical Care mailing list'
Subject: RE: Colloid infusion in the trauma patient

Where's the need-to-know?  I'm all for education and transparency, but
it seems to me that at the EMT-B level, you've got bigger things to
teach than controversial or contraindicated medical management
strategies.  Do you talk about the Whipple procedure too?

Trauma education for basic field providers must be very specific:
excellent first aid in the process of rapid conveyance to surgical
resources.  End of chapter.  Move on to seizures and heart attacks and
insulin shock.

Pret