Colloid infusion in the trauma patient

p.bjorn p.bjorn at netzero.net
Sat Oct 22 21:07:41 BST 2005

Excellent question, for which I wish I could recall an answer.  The last
time I recall giving albumin was at least a dozen years ago.  Might have
been a burn... ?  But that was back when I was doing other emergencies too,
and I haven't much of a memory.

The point is, colloids don't have any common use in acute trauma
resuscitation.  Training medics to administer them is a waste of time,
effort, and expense.

Pret