Colloid infusion in the trauma patient

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 16:18:46 BST 2005

Well, our EMT-B's aren't allowed to administer these solutions (but they can
adminster cristalloids) and physician are to give them only in certian
circumctances when the patient's transfer is to be greatly delayed, but some
trainees asked about it, so it's more for thier knowledge and not for their
practice.
By the way, I think it's the first time I hear that someone used Albumin for
a trauma patient.
(though I have heard about using it for hemotoxic venoum poisoning)
Happen to recall what indicated it for that patient?