Colloid infusion in the trauma patient

Bjorn, Pret pbjorn at emh.org
Fri Oct 21 20:37:14 BST 2005

Hetastarch.  Albumin.  I think I've used either about twice, and I'm old.
The indications in the trauma room are rare enough that those for the
prehospital setting must be alongside nil.  There are plenty of better
topics for Basic Training.

Crystalloids --> blood --> operation.

All Best

Pret Bjorn, RN, etc.