Colloid infusion in the trauma patient

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:25:32 BST 2005

Hello trauma list

Lately, I have been dealing with the teaching of fluid ressuscitation in
trauma to EMT-B'S (not directly by teaching but by dealing with contents of
the class and consulting with instructors) and the subject of the use of
colloid solutions (under the doctor's order only. of course) came up, so I'd
like t o here from those of you who have had expreince with this therapy
(both in the pre-hospital and trauma-room settings) to share your knowledge
and experience with me- what solutions did use? does any of you continue to
practice this therapy? did you find it to have significant adventages over
using soley cristalloids? How did you avoid or manage its complications and

Looking forward to your respondes and wishing you a happy succot,