Another question about traumatic cardiac arrest

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 15 15:23:59 BST 2005

First of all, Dr. Mattox, I'd like to thank great times for your quick
answer.

After writing down my mail yesturday, a relevant question poped into my
mind-

say you have a trauma patient who is seriously hypovolemic/hypoxic with
concomitanat myocardial ischemia (whether it is due to an infraction that
followed the event leading to the injury or to an injury to the
myocardium/coronary arteries themeselves), and say this pateint goes into
VF/Pulseless VT, and initial shocking dosen't work- will you give this
patient IV/ET epinephrine, or will you avoid it since his hypovolemic?

I'll deeply appreciate any answers and comments,
Oded.