Another question about traumatic cardiac arrest

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:16:19 BST 2005

Hello everybody and happy holidays (it's the holiday time where I live)

I have a question to you all- to your opinion and according to your
experience Would a trauma patient, that has no palpable pulse and BP (on
scene or in the ED, I asume it makes a whole lot of diffrent), whose ECG
shows some rythem but not a sinus rythem, be a candidate for ressusctiation
or should he be treated as if he is asystolic? (meaning no treatment).
Ever came across such a case? And if so, did you manage it initially
according to ACLS protocols or with immediate thoracotomy?

Looking forward to reading your answers