Level I versus Level II

James Richardson jimmnn at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 02:27:50 BST 2005

Did everyone catch the article entitled "The Effect of Trauma Center
Designation and Trauma Volume on Outcome in Specific Injuries" Annuals of
Surgery, Volume 242, Number 4, October 2005, Pages 512-519.

I think one of the boldest conclusions the primary author makes is " It
might be appropriate that for certain types of trauma, such as penetrating
injuries to the chest or abdomen with hypotension, the paramedics bypass the
Level II center in favor of the Level I center."

 Jim<

James Richardson, MBA, EMT-P
Field Coordinator
HealthONE, EMS
303-788-6468 Office

  _____

size=2 width=500 style='width:375.0pt' align=left>