[ccm-l] Management People, Principles, Policies, Issues(Formerly Disaster)

docrickfry at aol.com docrickfry at aol.com
Wed Oct 12 15:49:03 BST 2005

You make this too complicated, altho your basic premise is sound--the data needs to be learned, but it is all out there and has been for years.  Try some excellent recent textbooks on Disasters:
Disaster Medicine, Hogan, Burnstein eds
Disaster Principles, Eric Auf der Heide, ed
A classic paper and more on major barriers and aids to effective disaster response:
Klein J, Weigelt J: Disaster management: lessons learned. Surg Clin North Am 1991;71:257-266.
Berry FB: The medical management of mass casualties (the only Scudder Oration on Trauma to deal with disaster management--what does that tell us?!). Bull Am Coll Surg 1956;41:60-66.
Ammons MA et al: The role of a regional trauma system in the management of a mass disaster. J Trauma 1988;28:1468-1471.
ERF