[ccm-l] Management People, Principles, Policies, Issues(Formerly Disaster)

ken kmattox1 at mycingular.blackberry.net
Wed Oct 12 13:14:46 BST 2005

I have been aware of what has been available on the net.   I recently had the need to review what is in texts and on the net.   I am aware of differing perceptions of local and federal governments perceived roles during disasters.    I am very aware of the many medical and health needs and responses during any disaster.    One big problem is the disconnect between what is written,  what is perceived, and what really happens and what works and what does not.     We have four huge disasters this last 8 months to analyze and more than 30 in the last 4 years to analyze.   I am amazed at the disconnects, the misinformation, and the wastes of personnel, money, supplies, and energies because of turf, politics, and lack of communication.

We all can do much better.