Removing the collar

docrickfry at aol.com docrickfry at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 15:50:36 BST 2005

Good question, but none of this has yet been studied in children to allow any answers to be reliable--it is clearly known that plain films miss the greatest number of spine injuries of any patient group--50% on average--we use CT only to evaluate.  Phys exam is still acceptable, but harder in young children to know whether they are tender or not--so more reliance on imaging
ERF