this and that - Cervical Paranoia

DocRickFry at aol.com DocRickFry at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 10:53:10 BST 2005

In a message dated 10/9/2005 11:49:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
felixalbers at terra.com.br writes:

in the  alert patient, without neuro deficit, a normal CT rules out
medullary  compression risk. This is based on logic, not on evidence (just
like your  statement). I guess this is the problem with those injuries. Try
to imagine  an injured cervical spine

Ahhh--the old "logic--who needs evidence?" approach--sorry but that went  out
with the Dark Ages--or, at least, most of us thought so.  By this  reasoning w
e would still be practicing bloodletting--which by the way was  perfectly
logical to all physicians 200 years ago!  What you say above is  not true and
cannot be supported
ERF