Level I trauma centers as opposed to Level II trauma centers

Nappio at aol.com Nappio at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 22:23:27 BST 2005

Dr. Mattox,
Thank you for your reply and scholarship.  I have seen multiple  documents
and have had many discussions that residency programs had a relation  to trauma
center level. Please review statements made according to the ACS  guidelines
in Arizona:
 "A level I trauma center shall have a funtional and documented  teaching
commitment. This requirement may be met through:
    1. A trauma fellowship; or
    2.Active participation with one of the following types  of residency
programs in emergency medicine, general surgery, orthopedic  surgery,  or
          a. A regional  residency rotation program; or
          b.A collaborative  residency program that includes multiple
hospitals with each non-sponsor  participating hospital hosting at least one rotation.
taken from ACS guided Arizona Trauma Center standards, section H(Continuing
Education/Outreach) located at