Bali Bombings

Simon Houstoun shoustoun at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:29:32 BST 2005

It's hard to come to grips with just what to do about an enemy who is
willing to die in order to kill you. I think there is enough going on in the
US at the moment to keep our friends over there very busy indeed - and while
Prets comments may be relevent( I couldn't say) I can see no reason to
resent anything said or not said about Bali in this forum. As far as Bali is
concerned, I and many Australians (I believe) feel frustrated and helpless
as we watch law enforcement try (very hard) to deal with the perpetrators of
this action. I know I feel frustration when I see the leader of the
religious group responsible given two years jail for planning, funding,
supplying and organising a mass murder while an Australian woman with 4 kg
of 'grass' in her bag at Denpasar gets twenty years jail and threatened with
the death penalty.
My personal feeling is that we (Australians) are being laughed at by these
people and their govenrment and we (Australia) should stop aid to them, stop
business dealings with them.  And, when their armed warships and aircraft
enter our air and sea space they should be evicted, by force if neccessary.
Similarly for their illegal fishing boats.
Sorry Karim - I will understand if this is too vehement to publish.
Regards to all
Simon Houstoun
ICP QAS Toowoomba