Bali Bombings

Fontana, David DFontana at phcn.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 5 02:22:12 BST 2005

I note with interest the lack of discussion surrounding the recent
repeat terror attacks on tourists and citizens of Bali.
Are we disheartened, disinterested or overwhelmed? Normally an affront
to humanity of this nature would draw some comment from the list; why
not on this occasion?
After discussion with my colleagues, I offer our deepest sympathies to
the victims and their families. And we further commend the efforts of
the rescuers, medical staff and volunteers who aided the victims.
We fear that this repeat attack will further damage the economy and
livelihood of the Balinese people who depend so much on the tourist
dollar for survival.

David R Fontana RN
Dip.App.Sci., B.Nsg(N.Ed).,PGrad.Dip.Adv.Clin.Nurs.(Melb.)
Associate Nurse Manager
Anaesthesia & Post Anaesthesia Care Unit
Frankston Hospital
Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
03 9784-7404