[ccm-l] Management People, Principles, Policies, Issues (Formerly Disaster)

KMATTOX at aol.com KMATTOX at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 13:58:04 BST 2005

In a message dated 10/1/2005 1:02:01 A.M. Central Standard Time,
arthurmorgan2 at gmail.com writes:

There is  a lot of discussion about most of these points in the Search
and Rescue  world.
There are many Internet sites - start with the FEMA site, and follow  links.
May I send your letter to my SAR contacts? - The answer may be  delayed
for a couple of weeks because I am about to start packing for my  trip to
chamonix etc.

I agree that those who support the TOP DOWN management style have these
comments in their documents, but that does not help the LOCAL person who has
never heard of them.    It is NOT the outside search and rescue  persons, nor the
FEMA persons who make or break the local management of a  disaster situation.
  I now have gotten up close and personal  with the role of each agency and
each person in a major disaster, rescue,  relocation, etc.     It is NOT the
outside persons who are  the most helpful and often not even needed.   Disaster
management is  LOCAL via an ICN (Integrated Collaborative Network)