Your opinion on Medical School

Thomas Anthony Horan thoran at sarah.br
Wed Dec 10 10:46:33 GMT 2003

Dear James,

I think it is fair to say that medical schools seem to like the occasional qualified mature applicant. Some time they even bend the rules to accomodate older applicants. Most of us remember mature graduates who have done very very well subsequently, but they tended to have a well developed career plan prior entry into medical school that younger students may not have had the time or experience to develop.

Your motivations and expectations are more important than your age. What are you hoping to achieve and how do you in a practical sense intend to survive for the next 5 + years? Have you measured the effect on your family and so on.Where do you intend to apply?

Tom Horan