Penetrating Chest Trauma

Andrew J Bowman trauma-list@trauma.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:29:02 -0500

I agree wholeheartedly.  However, from an ED standpoint the 2 ED's in my
town are dead equal.

The only difefrence is one hospital has bypass potential (call in after
hours with a 1 hour response time) and the other does not.  From the
discussion so far, that point is moot for penetrating chest trauma (and
probably blunt to a point).

Andrew Bowman

> Nick--
> This is what they are supposed to do--it is not the nearest hospital
that the most seriously injured must be taken to, but the nearest
appropriate hospital--one of the most basic tenets of trauma care.