Penetrating Chest Trauma

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:21:39 EDT

--part1_9f.378df10d.2be00ea3_boundary

In a message dated 4/29/2003 11:29:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
sumieb@compuserve.com writes:

> What I have seen over the past 20 years of EMS/ED practice in this community
> is that there are 2 groups of ED physicians (1 at each ED).  One group says
> to the medics "Do what you want, we will sign off on it"  the other group
> says "Follow your protocol and call in if you feel there is a need to
> deviate from it".  Who do you think the medics like best?  Does this make
> one group of ED docs better?  No, both groups are full board certified EM
> (most from same teaching institution) but it gives the medics an idea as to
> who is "fun" and who is "not fun".

Where are the surgeons and the trauma services and  the trauma  programs of
these two hospitals.  The trauma programs must transcend individual ER
physicians, but must reflect the  committment of the  entire enterprise.

--part1_9f.378df10d.2be00ea3_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 4/29/2003 11:29:53 AM Central Dayli=
ght Time, sumieb@compuserve.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">What I have seen over the past=20=
20 years of EMS/ED practice in this community<BR>
is that there are 2 groups of ED physicians (1 at each ED).&nbsp; One group=20=
says<BR>
to the medics "Do what you want, we will sign off on it"&nbsp; the other gro=
up<BR>
says "Follow your protocol and call in if you feel there is a need to<BR>
deviate from it".&nbsp; Who do you think the medics like best?&nbsp; Does th=
is make<BR>
one group of ED docs better?&nbsp; No, both groups are full board certified=20=
EM<BR>
(most from same teaching institution) but it gives the medics an idea as to<=

who is "fun" and who is "not fun".<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Where are the surgeons and the trauma services and&nbsp; the trauma&nbsp; pr=
ograms of these two hospitals.&nbsp; The trauma programs must transcend indi=
vidual ER physicians, but must reflect the&nbsp; committment of the&nbsp; en=
tire enterprise.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
k</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9f.378df10d.2be00ea3_boundary--