Difficult complication

Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:17:05 EDT

--part1_99.36d81444.2bde1351_boundary

In a message dated 4/27/2003 11:00:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KMATTOX@aol.com writes:

> Sal Sclafani might indicate that a stent might work in this situation.

ken
This would be an interesting challenge: how to make a diagnosis?. How does
one do that? Certainly not CT. If there is already dead bowel it might make
sense to perform a post op angio but a heightened awareness would be needed
to even get this far. This is one injury I have never diagnosed.

The technical approach to this is quite challenging. The origin of the SMA
would not be favorable to place  a stent from the femoral artery. I guess the
approach would have to be from the left brachial approach

sal

--part1_99.36d81444.2bde1351_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 4/27/2003 11:00:22 PM Eastern Stand=
ard Time, KMATTOX@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Sal Sclafani might indicate tha=
t a stent might work in this situation.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#=
000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FA=
CE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
ken<BR>
This would be an interesting challenge: how to make a diagnosis?. How does o=
ne do that? Certainly not CT. If there is already dead bowel it might make s=
ense to perform a post op angio but a heightened awareness would be needed t=
o even get this far. This is one injury I have never diagnosed. <BR>
<BR>
The technical approach to this is quite challenging. The origin of the SMA w=
ould not be favorable to place&nbsp; a stent from the femoral artery. I gues=
s the approach would have to be from the left brachial approach<BR>
<BR>
sal</FONT></HTML>

--part1_99.36d81444.2bde1351_boundary--