Audible bleeding

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:29:39 EDT

--part1_1df.795d37d.2bdb1ee3_boundary

Found this on the internet, a story of an intern in the trenches of Grady,, I
think it can make it clear  for you:

"........When I reached in to extract the placenta, she screamed. Then the
bleeding really got started. As I waited in growing anxiety for someone to
respond to my pages for help, I desperately pressed down on the patient's
uterus in an attempt to slow the bleeding. You could actually hear the blood
pouring off the operating room table, into a bucket on the floor. There had
been a macabre joke that had gone around during medical school - something
like, "Audible bleeding is a bad sign."

seems to make sense,,
DNapoliello

--part1_1df.795d37d.2bdb1ee3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>Found this on the interne=
t, a story of an intern in the trenches of Grady,, I think it can make it cl=
ear&nbsp; for you:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
"........When I reached in to extract the placenta, she screamed. Then the b=
leeding really got started.</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROU=
ND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">=20=
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">As I waited in growing anxie=
ty for someone to respond to my pages for help, I desperately pressed down o=
n the patient's uterus in an attempt to slow the bleeding. You could actuall=
y hear the blood pouring off the operating room table, into a bucket on the=20=
floor. There had been a macabre joke that had gone around during medical sch=
ool - something like, "Audible bleeding is a bad sign."<BR>
<BR>
seems to make sense,,<BR>
DNapoliello</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
<BR>