C-spine clearance

yoram klein trauma-list@trauma.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 06:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

Good day everybody,
I have a question regarding cervical spine clearance
in comatose trauma patients. The current
recommendation is to perform a c-spine CT for those
patients, since the plain cervical films are
inadequate.  Is there still a place for plain lateral
c-spine films in those cases? Can we gain any
information from the plain films that we can't obtain
from the CT? What are the guidelines in your ED?

Yoram Klein MD,
Hadassah medical center
Jerusalem, Israel

Do you Yahoo!?