Appendicitis & CT

Marianne Cannon trauma-list@trauma.org
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:23:48 +1000

oo la la!

>>> KMATTOX@aol.com 04/12/03 09:49am >>>
I do not understand why anyone anywhere at any time  would use CT to DIAGNO=
SE=20
acute appendicitis.    I personally believe that a quality outcome=20
measurement ought to be ANY physician that orders a CT to  rule out=20
appendicitis should have to face a QA board and if the QA board deems that =
it=20
was unnecessary, that physician must pay for the entire patient's=20
hospitalization, by payroll  deductions.    =20

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential=20
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality=20
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended=20
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error. =20

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review=20
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of=20
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this=20
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by=20
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail=20
message and destroy any hard copies produced.