Appendicitis & CT

Ronald Simon trauma-list@trauma.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:43:31 -0400

I don't get this. There are clearly some cases where the diagnosis is a
slam dunk and no further studies necessary. But there are times when it
is not. This is where 10-20% neg AP rate comes from. If you can do a
test that will significantly reduce this negative rate why not use it? I
would personally rather have a CT than a neg exploration as i assume my
patients feel the same way.
Ron