Appendicitis & CT

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:49:02 EDT

--part1_1ab.132e3985.2bc8ae6e_boundary

I do not understand why anyone anywhere at any time  would use CT to DIAGNOSE
acute appendicitis.    I personally believe that a quality outcome
measurement ought to be ANY physician that orders a CT to  rule out
appendicitis should have to face a QA board and if the QA board deems that it
was unnecessary, that physician must pay for the entire patient's
hospitalization, by payroll  deductions.

--part1_1ab.132e3985.2bc8ae6e_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I do not understand why anyone anywhere at any time&nb=
sp; would use CT to DIAGNOSE acute appendicitis.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I persona=
lly believe that a quality outcome measurement ought to be ANY physician tha=
t orders a CT to&nbsp; rule out appendicitis should have to face a QA board=20=
and if the QA board deems that it was unnecessary, that physician must pay f=
or the entire patient's hospitalization, by payroll&nbsp; deductions.&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
k</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ab.132e3985.2bc8ae6e_boundary--