scrub ban

t.ninke@gmx.at trauma-list@trauma.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:40:43 +0200

Have been working in an ICU in my summer holidays to earn some money for
medical school. Policy is: leave the ICU to bring some stuff to the lab wear
a cloak. Leave the ICU for lunch, change scrubs. Get caught in not doing so,
means you are fired. Sounds pretty fair to me.
But last week while sitting at the campus in a medical school in Austria
(where Im studying), I watched a doc strolling around, outdoor, wearing
green OP-scrubs, surgical-cap & , very cooly, a surgical mask around his
neck. Is this the university style?
Anyone from Austria who wants to comment on this?