scrubs ban

ian trauma-list@trauma.org
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:11:27 -0400

I wanted to start a discussion on the banning healthcare uniforms from outside healthcare environments. I always see people going to bars and restaurants in their "scrubs" or paramedic uniforms. Wouldn't a ban on this slow the spread of infectious pathogens. We know that many viruses (including SARS) can live outside the body for hours invisible to the naked eye. Is it that big of a deal to change in a locker room before leaving work? I do it. I'm not judging anyone, just looking for a good discussion. Thanks. Ian