"No So FAST"

tony joseph trauma-list@trauma.org
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 07:54:50 +1000

At 09:11 AM 7/04/03 +0300, you wrote:

Avi
I agree. It depends on what you want to achieve.
The Radiology ultrasonographers usually have much more powerful machines
than available in the Trauma room and they are also trained to do a
comprehensive exam. This may also apply to some individuals in the TRauma
room and other non-radiology areas (but only a minority I suspect).
The learning curse I also agree differs between individuals.
We concentrate on identifying clinically significant blood in the abdo (ie
requiring laparotomy) and our accuracy for that appears to be close to 100%
if you exclude clinically insignificant blood found on CT.
That takes at least 25 -30 exams with a minimum of 5 positives.
It has also taken each of our individuals attaining credentially about 2
1/2 years to achieve the numbers
regards
Tony

Tony,