Trauma destination legislation

Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:35:58 +0200

------=____1049711758304_)e77uCl6Xt

Ken,

I think that overtriage is a serious medical, not political economic, problem.  Overtriage will cause death, by overwhelming the facilities. There is even hard data to prove this.

It is a medical problem since patients are harmed by being over triaged, and because triage is part of the medical decision making process

Avi

> From: KMATTOX@aol.com
> Date: 2003/04/05  AM 02:35:34 GMT+02:00
> To: trauma-list@trauma.org
> Subject: Re: Trauma destination legislation
>
> Overtriage is a political and economic issue
>
> Undertriage is a patient care issue.
>
> Pick your choice.   No system will even have balanced triage.

------=____1049711758304_)e77uCl6Xt

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Overtriage is a political and economic issue<BR>
<BR>
Undertriage is a patient care issue.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Pick your choice.&nbsp;&nbsp; No system will even have balanced triage.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
k</FONT></HTML>

------=____1049711758304_)e77uCl6Xt--