Renal Trauma

Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:09:08 EST

--part1_65.dee47e0.2bbd7054_boundary

In a message dated 4/1/2003 4:22:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pedrogrt@uol.com.br writes:

> What about that: 28 yo male, blunt abdominal trauma (motorcicle), arrives
> hemodinamically normal complaining of pain in the right flank. No
> peritonial
> irritation sign. He spontaneously urinated (frank hematuria). An abdominal
> CT was ordered and showed a right kidney augmented in size and with a slow
> captation of contrast. There was no sign of parenquimal disruption or
> extravasation of contrast. Excretion was slow but present

This sounds like obstructive uropathy, proably secondary to clots However no
renal fracture was noted. I find sagital reformations very helpful in this
situation to see fractures in the axial plane. Since there s delayed
excretion of the contrast agent, i would certainly perform delayed images to
further evaluate and exclude urinary leak.
I find no indication for angiography or exploration

sal sclafani

--part1_65.dee47e0.2bbd7054_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 4/1/2003 4:22:17 PM Eastern Standar=
d Time, pedrogrt@uol.com.br writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
What about that: 28 yo male, blunt abdominal trauma (motorcicle), arrives<BR=

hemodinamically normal complaining of pain in the right flank. No peritonial=
<BR>
irritation sign. He spontaneously urinated (frank hematuria). An abdominal<B=

CT was ordered and showed a right kidney augmented in size and with a slow<B=

captation of contrast. There was no sign of parenquimal disruption or<BR>
extravasation of contrast. Excretion was slow but present</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
This sounds like obstructive uropathy, proably secondary to clots However no=
 renal fracture was noted. I find sagital reformations very helpful in this=20=
situation to see fractures in the axial plane. Since there s delayed excreti=
on of the contrast agent, i would certainly perform delayed images to furthe=
r evaluate and exclude urinary leak.<BR>
I find no indication for angiography or exploration <BR>
<BR>
sal sclafani</FONT></HTML>

--part1_65.dee47e0.2bbd7054_boundary--