Renal Trauma

Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:27:17 EST

--part1_e4.36f0e0a7.2bbb5e35_boundary

In a message dated 4/1/2003 4:19:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pedrogrt@uol.com.br writes:

> irritation sign. He spontaneously urinated (frank hematuria). An abdominal
> CT was ordered and showed a right kidney augmented in size and with a slow
> captation of contrast. There was no sign of parenquimal disruption or
> extravasation of contrast. Excretion was slow but present. The CT also
> showed blood clots inside the bladder and right renal pelvis. Left kindey
> normal on CT.
>
> What next? Angiogram? Observe?
>
> When are we supposed to order a control CT (early and late)?

Observe--operate if becomes unstable or peritonitis develops.  Repeat
abdominal CT at some point in the near future (the last not based on any
data--just would like to confirm no worsening)
ERF

--part1_e4.36f0e0a7.2bbb5e35_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 4/1/20=