Advice on nursing...

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:03:42 EDT

--part1_dc.191e091d.2a4b15ae_boundary

Russ,

I believe that you are going about pursuing the goal of becoming a trauma
nurse the right way. I would recommend however, getting some general nursing
experience first. Trauma nursing is an art, not just a science and it takes
experience to be able to make sound just decisions in light speed time. As
for the ADN Vs BSN, if you plan at all to do any thing further than Trauma
nursing, go for the BSN if not, the ADN will suit you fine.  Most ER nurses
are forever pursuing their BSN, I however will be done with it next year.

Best of luck to you,

Julie Wilbur RN

--part1_dc.191e091d.2a4b15ae_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Russ,<BR>
<BR>
I believe that you are going about pursuing the goal of becoming a trauma nurse the right way. I would recommend however, getting some general nursing experience first. Trauma nursing is an art, not just a science and it takes experience to be able to make sound just decisions in light speed time. As for the ADN Vs BSN, if you plan at all to do any thing further than Trauma nursing, go for the BSN if not, the ADN will suit you fine.&nbsp; Most ER nurses are forever pursuing their BSN, I however will be done with it next year.<BR>
<BR>
Best of luck to you, <BR>
<BR>
Julie Wilbur RN </FONT></HTML>