Spasms and drunks

Bjorn, Pret trauma-list@trauma.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:08:14 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C21629.F2D99090

Jeez... there's a whole lot of zebras in the pasture today.

Perhaps we can agree that the original question is flawed beyond any
expectation of a useful response.  Else, we'll all be asking about
Clostridia and Multiple Sclerosis and coelenterate stings.

If someone made me bet fifty cents and have a toss at my experiential
dartboard, I'd guess these spasms were voluntary.  Nothing like a little
flailing about to get extra attention from providers...

But in the end, it's all guesswork--and as such, perfectly useless.

Pret Bjorn, RN
Bangor, ME USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Wigle MD FACS [  <mailto:rlwigle@yahoo.com>
mailto:rlwigle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 8:38 AM
To: trauma-list@trauma.org
Subject: RE: Spasms and drunks

I would agree that a better description is needed. the
"spasms" associated with alcohol are generally more along
the lines of tremors unless you are talking about
withdrawal which seems unlikely in this case

I would wonder about some other intoxicant in addition to
alcohol. Strychnine comes readily to mind

LTC R Wigle

------_=_NextPart_001_01C21629.F2D99090

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial size=2>Jeez... there's a whole lot of zebras
in the pasture today.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial size=2>Perhaps we can&nbsp;agree that the
original question is flawed beyond any expectation of a useful response.&nbsp;
Else, we'll all be asking about Clostridia and Multiple Sclerosis and
coelenterate stings.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial size=2>If someone made me bet fifty cents
and have a toss at my experiential dartboard, I'd guess these spasms were
voluntary.&nbsp; Nothing like a little flailing about to get extra attention
from providers...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial size=2>But in the end, it's all
guesswork--and as such, perfectly useless.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT color=#800000><FONT face=Arial>Pret Bjorn,
RN</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT color=#800000 face=Arial>Bangor, ME
USA<BR><BR></FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>-----Original
Message-----<BR>From: Richard Wigle MD FACS [</FONT><A
href="mailto:rlwigle@yahoo.com"><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial
size=2>mailto:rlwigle@yahoo.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>]<BR>Sent:
Monday, June 17, 2002 8:38 AM<BR>To: trauma-list@trauma.org<BR>Subject: RE:
Spasms and drunks<BR><BR><BR>I would agree that a better description is needed.
the<BR>"spasms" associated with alcohol are generally more along<BR>the lines of
tremors unless you are talking about<BR>withdrawal which seems unlikely in this
case<BR><BR>I would wonder about some other intoxicant in addition
to<BR>alcohol. Strychnine comes readily to mind<BR><BR>LTC R
Wigle<BR><BR><BR>--<BR>trauma-list : TRAUMA.ORG<BR>To change your settings or
unsubscribe visit:<BR></FONT><A href=http://www.trauma.org/index.php/community/list/url/http:list.ftech.net/pipermail/trauma-list/2002-June/"http://www.trauma.org/traumalist.html"
target=_blank><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial
size=2>http://www.trauma.org/traumalist.html</FONT></A><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C21629.F2D99090--