Drug (ab)use in Medicine?

Dave Adler EMT-P trauma-list@trauma.org
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 01:36:56 -0400

Insecure? Hardly.   Whimpering? "They don't respect me?" Those words
never passed my lips. Perhaps you took the comment too personally.

I'd remind you that when this thread was started, the point was on how
we as trauma practitioners felt about drug use, specifically marijuana
use.  It was not to discuss the drug testing policies of the Phila.
Housing Police, Burholme EMS or the Phila. Fire Dept.

When it comes down to it, a large part of my objection to drug use by
those in the medical field is based on their (in my view) inability to
make sound decisions.  Does the fact that using the stuff is illegal
play a part in this?  Of course.  I see nothing wrong with expressing
this opinion.

By the way, what's your opinion?  Unless I've missed it, you haven't
posted one.

Dave Adler, EMT-P
Editor, Prehospital Perspective Magazine
www.prehospital-perspective.com
adler@prehospital-perspective.com