Money to Hospitals for Residents

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:14:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2002 10:21:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KMATTOX@aol.com writes:

<< Rick is absolutely right that hospitals receive federal "pass through"
 education dollars for resident education, but he is incorrect in the amount.

  The amount is linked to the percentage of the hospitals Medicare
 reimbursements and by a formula derived in the past following negotiations
by
 the state and the hospital with the feds >>
True--
I was quoting the specific average amount our hospital gets--whatever the
exact amount, you can bet it is substantial--and it is quite interesting how
few program faculty are totally unaware of this, and how the hospitals do
nothing to enlighten them about these funds.
ERF