Drug (ab)use in Medicine?

Dave Adler EMT-P trauma-list@trauma.org
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:04:03 -0400

I see no inconsistency, other than perhaps that demonstrated by a
medical professional who takes the stance that illegal drug use is ok,
so long as you're not shooting up on the job.

I think I've been pretty clear on the reason for the different treatment
of alcohol and illegal drugs.  Is it your contention that it's
acceptable for a medic/nurse/doctor to use illegal substances?
Personally, I have no interest in working with or associating with drug
users.  Someone used the phrase "...sneaking around like criminals."
Very accurate, since that's exactly what they are.

I have an even stronger aversion to being treated by someone,
credentials and background notwithstanding, who was high as a kite the
night before on God knows what.

Dave Adler, EMT-P
Editor, Prehospital Perspective Magazine
www.prehospital-perspective.com
adler@prehospital-perspective.com=20
=20
=20