Consider this Case Study

Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:24:46 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 11 Jun 2002  8:47:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sstafford1168@yahoo.com writes:

> we often used AAi's or ABI's (as they are also called) in the ED.  used doppler to get numbers for ratios to compare perfusion of limbs.
> this along with other clinical signs and symptoms of hypoperfusion of lower lilmbs put together seemed to give complete
> picture.

Stephanie--
The available published data does not support-- and data exists to refute-- this misperception that noninvasive tests offer any advantage whatever over physical findings and standard imaging (i.e. arteriography) in the initial evaluation of an acutely injured extremity or neck for vascular injury
ERF